- African Americans watched 40% more TV, ordered more pay-TV and VOD services, and owned more HDTV sets than any other segment of the US population.
- African Americans spend seven hours and 17 minutes per day viewing TV, again far more than any other market segment.
- African Americans currently represent a $1.2 trillion dollar economy.
- African Americans spend more than $5 billion annually on subscription television services.
- Today, 43 million African Americans live in the US and the black population is growing 40 percent faster than the general population.
- $2.24 billion was spent last year on African American targeted advertising.
African Americans continue to be subscription television’s most valuable customer.