As an innovative and life-changing network, BNC’s mission is to provide intelligent programming that is informative, educational, entertaining, inspiring and empowering to its African American audience. BNC is an independent network, minority-owned and operated. BNC is the nation’s only provider of 24/7 cable news programming created “by people of color for people of color.” BNC illuminates truth by authentically representing our dynamic African American communities.
Life Changing Network
BNC has a real opportunity to change lives and mindsets through the creation of a singular news organization based on a profoundly unique and critically important premise. BNC will serve up authentic, genuine, responsible and responsive news to black Americans. BNC’s news will include the priorities, issues, realities, and points-of-view of our black population and communities. BNC will be able to make a deep, rich connection to this target audience by being the antidote to today’s toxic news environment; our network will provide relevant news, as well as celebrate black lives, culture, and history.
- Give voice to an underserved community.
- Build bridges to connect the many diverse cultures in our nation.
- Facilitate a more informed national conversation about challenges facing our urban communities.
- Engage African American viewers in our nation’s social, economic and political discussions and debates.
- Create a platform for African American newsmakers and policymakers to reach their constituents.
- Showcase African American achievers creating positive role models for black youth.
- Produce educational programming that is culturally relevant to empower African American viewers.
- Inspire African American viewers with uplifting and spiritual messages produced daily;
- Preserve a proud African American heritage.
- Recruit and train aspiring African American journalists.