You might want to learn how to return a Walmart online order if you realize that you made a wrong purchase. There are so many errors that might arise when we purchase products online through Walmart.
If you are unlucky and buy an item you do not like, don’t worry. We are here to help you. Learn how to return a Walmart online order here.
We shall also show you the different Walmart return policies for different products. Without further ado, let’s get into it.
How To Return A Walmart Online Order
There are two ways to return a Walmart online order, bring it in or ship it back. To bring your return:
- Step 1: Head to the Walmart app or website
- Step 2: Click on the products you want to return, along with the reasons why
- Step 3: Click on the option “return to store” to receive a Barcode for the return
- Step 4: Review the summary of your return and hand over your return
- Step 5: Go to the Walmart store with the email confirmation and the item you want to return.
To ship back your return:
- Step 1: Go to the Walmart app or website
- Step 2: View your order history
- Step 3: Click on the products you want to return and click on the option “return by mail.”
- Step 4: Get the return label and print it.
- Step 5: Package your items along with the original packaging accessories
- Step 6: Take your package to the USPS along with your shipping label
If you follow the steps above, you can return your Walmart online order. However, you should note that Walmart has a return policy. Read the return policy to see if your purchase is eligible for return or not.
Walmart Return Policy
Walmart has certain policies that underpin how it will deal with product returns. The policy has some agreeable terms to help the business and the customer during return disputes. Here is Walmart’s return policy:
1. Extended Holiday Returns
If you purchase your items during the holiday period of October 1st to December 31st, then you will get an extended period to return the item till January 31st of the following year. It extends 30 more days from the normal 90-day return policy.
Other exceptions may apply in this extended holiday returns period in items including luxury goods, wireless phones, and protection plans.
2. 90-Day Return Policy
This policy discerns that items must be returned within 90 days and with a receipt to be eligible for a refund or exchange. However, this policy does not apply to all products, and you may only use it for the following:
- Fresh Products
You can get a refund on fresh produce such as meat, dairy, and flowers. Start the return on the Walmart app or website, and you will get assistance. It is good to note that some items may not be returnable but may be refundable.
- Not Satisfied With A Walmart Private Brand Product
If you have little satisfaction with a Walmart private brand product, you could either replace it or get a refund within the first 90 days of purchase. You only have to make sure you have the item.
- Perishable Online Orders
It is crucial to note that this policy does not allow to return of perishable goods by mail. If you want a refund, you must head to the Walmart app or website and start the return process.
- Vehicle tires
You can return a tire within 90 days if you have not mounted it on your car. However, this return only applies to Walmart stores with an Auto Care Center.
- Car Battery
You can get an exchange or money-back refund if a car battery performs badly within 90 days. After which, you can get help as per the warranty terms.
- Photo Prints Such As Blankets And Mugs
Such products are eligible for return within the first 90-day period, after which Walmart will not accept the return. Walmart also requires you to refrain from returning this product by mail.
- Home Gardening Equipment
It would be best if you drained all the gasoline in equipment, such as lawnmowers, before returning them to Walmart.
Please do not remove the Freon from any A/C unit, as Walmart will deny the return. Some products are returnable by mail, while others are not.
Check an item page and see if it is returnable by mail.
- Toilet Bowls and Urinals
If unused, toilet bowls and urinals are eligible for the 90-day return period if defective.
- Funeral Products
Funeral products such as coffins are returnable if unused. You can only exchange such items. They are refundable only if the return is due to the manufacturer’s defect.
3. 460-day Return Period Policy
There are also specific Walmart products that you must return within 60 days and with a receipt to be eligible to get a refund or exchange. Such products include hearing aids, prescription glasses, and prescription contacts.
4. 30-day Return period Policy
This policy indicates that you must return your products within 30 days after purchase. It would help if you also had the purchase receipt to be eligible for a refund or exchange.
Products under this policy include:
- Electronic products such as contract cellular phones, digital music players, laptops, tablets, televisions, electric bikes, GPS units, and video game hardware fall under this policy.
- Pc components such as Random Access Memory (RAM) and graphic cards must also be returned with a receipt within 30 days and should be in the original packaging. After this policy period, you should contact the manufacturer for warranty assistance.
- You can return new and unused drones to get a full refund with this 30-day return period policy
5. 14-Day Return Period
This policy illustrates that one should return specific Walmart products to be eligible for an exchange or a refund.
You must have the receipt before you return this product. Walmart items that are affected by this policy include:
- Prepaid wireless phone
- Most prepaid cellular phones
If one opens or uses a phone, they will only be able to exchange the phone for another of equal or greater value if they return it with a receipt.
Returning the products through Walmart’s app will save you more time. If you have no receipt, don’t worry.
There is a solution to it. Walmart can look up store purchases with bank cards. They can also look up online orders with an email or a phone number.
6. 1-Year Return Period
This policy states that Walmart will accept a return of this item before one year ends. Products under this policy will include all perennials, trees, and shrubs.
If one has used or opened some specific products from Walmart, they will only be eligible for exchange. Such products include:
- Airbeds and mattresses within the 90 days
- Unlocked wireless phones within 14-days
- Used durable medical equipment, including crutches and mobility scooters. Eligible for 90 days.
- Used drones within 30 days.
Walmart can issue a full refund for items in this category if you return them new.
What Should You Do If You Do Not Have Your Receipt
Walmart will accept a return or exchange without a receipt if:
- You have a valid photo ID issued by the government, and no one must have altered it in any way
- If your return passes the return verification process.
- If you have the credit/debit can that you used to purchase in-store. Also, if you have the email or phone number, you use to make the purchase online.
How Can You Print A Shipping Label?
To print a shipping label to Walmart:
- Step 1: Head to the Walmart app or website
- Step 2: View your order history
- Step 3: Locate the item you would like to return. (Only items from the same order are eligible for the same return. If you have multiple items from multiple orders, then Walmart will process them separately)
- Step 4: Select return or replace for each item and do select the reason for the return
- Step 5: Select return to print your return label.
If you placed your online order using guest checkout, you must begin your return process to print your shipping label.
Methods Of Returning Items To Walmart
There are three methods to return items to Walmart. However, certain items will only require certain methods for a successful return. Below are the three return methods:
Schedule for pickup
You can return a Walmart item by scheduling a pickup. Then someone will come and pick up your items and return them.
Return At A Walmart Store
This return method is for those who bought the items in a Walmart store. One should print a bar code online to make the return process faster.
Return By Mail
This return method is also eligible for specific products only. It involves printing a shipping label from the Walmart app and attaching it to your package. You can later drop off your package at USPS or FedEx for transportation.
With this guide, you now know how to return Walmart online order. However, there are policies that you need to observe when returning an online order. Different Walmart policies will apply to different products.
Ensure you check if your item is eligible for return in the Walmart policies before trying to return it. You can also get a full refund if you return certain goods without using them.
Walmart requires that you do the return process on the Walmart app or website to make it faster. It would be best to liaise with Walmart to find the most suitable method for returning a product.