Black News Channel is looking for a Producer who is ready to join a dynamic team. The producer must be creative, able to produce interactive and smart newscasts. The producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast with near perfection. The producer will work closely with the VP of News and Programming and Senior Executive Producer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures creative storytelling that delivers both factual clarity and emotional connections with viewers
- Produces captivating newscasts and guides anchors and field talent to engage the audience emotionally, intellectually, and with a high level of energy
- Suggests and produces content that advocates for our community in the form of reporting, commentary, and developing solutions
- Understands the newscast’s customer and develops a product that meets their expectations.
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances with a willingness to change as needed
- Seeks opportunities to promote more interactivity with viewers and users
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum three years of producing engaging newscasts
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills to deliver content and listen for ideas
- Knowledge of ENPS a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.