BNC Digital Producer
Black News Channel is seeking a Digital Producer. The Digital Producer selects and organizes stories for digital broadcast platforms as well as digital web platforms including the station website and social media pages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Digital Content Producers must be capable of making quick and sound editorial decisions, including:
- Deciding which stories are of most interest to BNC viewers.
- Prioritize stories and story development efforts.
- Determine the order in which stories will be told in broadcasts.
- Write compelling broadcast content focused for our audience.
- Be able to quickly adjust stories within newscasts to accommodate breaking news.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, anchors, directors as well as field reporters.
- Write informative and detailed web platform stories including links and additional information viewers will find useful.
- Edits video for broadcast as well as online use.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
- Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.