Black News Channel is looking for an assignment manager. This is a fast-paced position for someone who has both assignment desk and digital producing experience.
The position is responsible for assigning and dispatching news crews, assisting news crews with contacts and research along with publishing original content for digital platforms. The right candidate is a strong assignment desk editor and writer. Someone who can run an assignment desk and help find and develop original, engaging content that drives social engagement using text, video, and multimedia and collaborate with producers and reporters to develop valuable, relevant content on all platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Covering breaking news events as part of a fast-paced team
- Strong assignment editor/ writing skills
- Solid news knowledge
- Working in multiple content management systems
- Editing and managing video on digital platforms
- Knowledgeable about how to use social media to generate digital traffic and engagement
- Researching, creating, and publishing original content on digital platforms
- Ability to identify potentially viral stories
- Ability to work with reporters to develop assigned stories
- Working under tight deadlines
- Planning ahead for social, digital and on-air coverage of events
- Ability to manage content on a variety of platforms including desktop, mobile sites, apps and social media
Requirements & Skills:
- Three years' experience working in news as an assignment editor
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources and work well with varied personalities on deadline
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent in managing news crews and news judgment
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.